Sunday 7 June 2015

Teeshirt Refashion

If you have a look on Pinterest you will see all sorts of amazingly creative teeshirt refashions, this is not one of them - this is a pretty basic teeshirt upcycle project that only takes about 10 minutes and anyone could do.



It's that time of year again where all my 'before' photos include me in my tatty old Ugg Boots.



Showing my age here... on Pinterest this would not just be called a 'teeshirt' that happens to have a picture on it (thats what I would have called it).  It is actually a 'Graphic Tee' - see how it has a 'graphic' on it :-P



Anyways, it was a tad too big for me so I grabbed this purple top that I wear to bed to use as a guide for my alteration.



I pinned along the chalk lines.

Note to self - I really need to get some proper sewing chalk, the kids jumbo chalk I use just isn't that easy to work with.



Sewed along the chalk lines.



Chopped off the extra fabric, and ta-da I have myself a new 'graphic tee'.



Perfect for casual sunny winter days, if you happen to live somewhere that has a subtropical climate that is.



I chose not to alter the sleeve length as I quite liked this length for a winter tee.



Layered with a casual thrifted hoodie.



THRIFTED AND GIFTED OUTFIT - $11
Teeshirt: gifted, Jeans: thrifted and refashioned $4, Shoes: thrifted $4, Hoodie: thrifted $3.









No comments:

Post a Comment