Saturday 20 June 2015

Mens Teeshirt to Pencil Skirt

A few weeks back I was gifted some mens teeshirts.



I decided to turn this one into a pencil skirt.



The first thing I did was cut off the collar.



Next I laid the teeshirt out flat on the floor to work out where the skirt edges would be.
Because I didn't have any other pencil skirts, I grabbed a pair of jeans to use as a guide to work out the skirt edges.



After sewing along the chalk lines I cut off the bits I didn't need.

After this I tried it on to check the size.  Because the fabric was much stretchier than I initially realised, I had to take another couple of inches from each size to make it fit properly without it bunching up along the side seams.


Once I got the size right, I sewed the side seams flat to stop the sides of the skirt from looking lumpy when it was on.



Then I got this elastic waist band that I had in my sewing stash from a previous project.



Pinned it in place.



And sewed it onto the top of the skirt (using a large zigzag stitch to allow the elastic to stretch).



Pencil Skirt done.



Being modelled with...


Awkward poses.

Right... so I obviously wasn't in the mood for posing for photos on this day.

Teeshirt refashioned to Pencil skirt: gifted $0, Blue Teeshirt: gifted $0, Blue and White Stripped top: old wardrobe item, Dr Marten Elena Boots: Gumtree.

No comments:

Post a Comment