Saturday 6 June 2015

Rags to Dog Pillow

So my husband had a clean up of his clothes today, and you know how when you go through your old clothes there are all those things that aren't good enough to give to the opshop and are only really  good enough for rags.



When I threw these clothes onto the floor with the intention of sitting down to cut them into rags, my dog lay down on them straight away... giving me the idea to make him a dog pillow - we have enough rags anyway.



I grabbed these old shorts from the pile and cut out the crouch seam.



After which I turned them inside out and pinned the cut edges before sewing them.



To make them look like this.  

Then I turned them back inside out and sewed the waist edge together, and most of the bottom edge (I needed to leave a gap to put the 'stuffing' in).

After I had done this I stuffed the shorts with all the other unwanted clothes before sewing the 'pillow' closed.



This project took me about 10 minutes, and was a great hit with my dog who hopped onto it as soon as it hit the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment