After keeping an eye out for a suitable maxi dress for about the past month or so, I came across this. It was an XL, so I figured it would give me enough fabric to create the 70's wide leg look I envisaged.
The first thing I did was cut out the majority of the lining, for no other reason than it was an unbearably hot polyester material.
I wanted the bodice to fit better, so I pinned each side like this and sewed new side seams.
Then I measured the width of the 'skirt' to find the centre point, and then cut up the middle like this. After cutting, I sewed the new inner leg seam and this refashion was complete.
This was actually a pretty straight forward project, however I'm not so sure I like the way this jumpsuit sits. If I decide its not for me I'll just chop off the top of the 'jumpsuit' and create a really comfy pair of pyjama pants.
Sorry I'm a bit low on the number of after photos on this one, I wasn't really in the mood for photos that day.
Jumpsuit/Romper: $4 thrifted maxi dress, Belt: Thrifted - $2, Jewelery: personal collection