Saturday 28 June 2014

Sweater to Cardigan

I can put it off no longer... this will be my first womens refashion on Rustic Refashion, meaning as much as I don't like having my photo taken, the time has come to show my face (clothes just don't look the same on a dress form unfortunately).  I have conveniently started with this winter time 'round the house' favourite, which sadly, had even past its use by date as a 'round the house' item.


Haha, I can resist showing my face for a little longer.



Along with a few other items to be refashioned in the future, the sweater took a bath in some orange dye.



When it came out, I cut it straight down the middle (at the front) to make a cardigan.  When I tried it on it  didn't sit very nicely, so I decided to cut the hem in a curved shape (shown here) to create a 'drapey' cardigan.


I tried it on again, and still didn't like it - it didn't hang like I had hoped, and there also wasn't enough fabric to wrap around me when the weather gets a little chilly.  To fix this I decided to sew the bit of fabric I had cut off the bottom onto one side, so that one side would be more 'drapey' than the other side.


I tidied up all the cut edges by using a zig-zag stitch.... and my drab grey sweater is now an orange'ish' drapey cardigan.



Bear with me as I learn to pose for photos being taken on an iPad by a 9 year old...



I think she did quite a good job really


This is really pushing me out of my comfort zone, photos from behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment