Thursday 3 July 2014

Retro Tunic

I bought this not so lovely jacket a few weeks ago at an op shop for about $2.  I think I got it just for the challenge of seeing if I could do anything with it.  But I must admit I did kind of like the texture of the retro fabric.  I wasn't in love with the colour and did try to dye it along with the Cardigan in my previous post, but unfortunately the colour didn't take due to this item being 100% polyester...


I had this laying about home for a couple of weeks before I even had any ideas what to do with it.



I did know for sure that the collar had to go.  By this stage I had decided to reverse the jacket.  The front would become the back, which meant the pockets also had to be unpicked.


I sewed next to the buttons so that it wouldn't gape at the back, and also hemmed the cut neck line.


I took a couple of inches off each side, and made it short sleeved while I was at it.


I then attached the two larger pockets to what was now the front.


This is what I ended up with.


Yep, still working on how to strike a pose.

2 comments: