Sunday 1 June 2014

My First Post

So I recently realised that I love a bit of refashioning after sporadically pottering away at this hobby for the past 2 years.  I also love browsing at what other people are refashioning too, soooo... I thought I'd give this blogging bizzo a whirl and share some of my creations as well.  I chose the name Rustic Refashion because I'm not a particularly technical 'seamstress', and my creations are a bit hit and miss. 

My two girls and my wardrobes are increasing in their quantity of refashioned clothing, some of which are fairly practical and boring, others are a bit more adventurous.  My first piece is the former - practical and somewhat boring. 




I started with this hand-me-down from Nanna.  I needed to make it narrower, and make the sleeves shorter, as this little girl of mine runs hot, and barely ever wears anything other than shorts and teeshirts.


So I pinned and sewed about an inch in from both sides, trimmed off the extra fabric and ran a zigzag stitch along the cut edge. 


I then chopped off the sleeves

And folded the raw edge and sewed it so the sleeve would have a visible  folded cuff on the outside.
This is what we ended up with.




No comments:

Post a Comment