Thursday 12 November 2015

Teeshirt and terrible photos

Things were chaotic this week at my place, so it wasn't until I had finished this teeshirt refashion that I realised the photos were all a bit rushed and not very good - but I think you will be able to get the gist.



I started with this.



Wide, with tiny tight sleeves.



I'm making it into a more fitting style, so I used this singlet as a guide.  I then sewed over those chalk lines...



and chopped these bits off.



I then took a little extra width off, and added a curve to the top of the shirt for a better fit.



That was pretty much it.



These photos are taken in our 'study', a space that is used by myself and my girls for sewing, craft, study etc.    It is a pretty chaotic space, due to lack of storage for our ever increasing book collection and sewing projects.  Hubby was nice enough to build a whole lot of boxes for me recently to help overcome the storage problem - you can see some of them behind me housing board games, books and a globe.



This is what my storage boxes looked like before they were loaded full of 'stuff'.  They were made from plywood offcuts and I spent a week finishing them off with a 'vinegar and steel wool stain', sealing them with estapol,  and making and painting MDF backs for them.  But back to the teeshirt refashion...

Teeshirts are actually really easy to modify as the stretch in them is fairly forgiving, and an extra bonus is they don't require the cut edges to be 'finished' because they don't fray.

Teeshirt: Old wardrobe item $0, Jeans: Thrifted $4. 






No comments:

Post a Comment