Saturday 28 November 2015

Summer Dresses

I will start todays post with a non-refashion.


I bought this two sizes too big dress at the opshop the other day for $5.  Instead of taking it in, I opted to pop a $4 thrifted belt around it for a more flattering fit.  I'm pretty happy with not having to do any sewing on this one.

But moving on...


I don't know what possess me to buy these things sometimes...



Or maybe I do... this material felt nice and soft and cool, and with summer heating up way too quickly this year why not buy this $3 floral frock?



I'm not going through every step on this one, but this photo sums up this refashion pretty well.
I removed the following:
Shoulder pads,
Sleeves,
Collar,
Some width from the sides...



And then some length from the hem.



Then I hemmed it, and finished off the edges where I had removed the sleeves and the collar.



Then with the addition of a couple of belt loops, this dress was done.



Much better.



Oh so girly.


Dress: thrifted $3, Belt: thrifted $2, Shoes: wardrobe item.



No comments:

Post a Comment