Saturday 25 April 2015

No Sew Dress Refashion

I've spent the past few days visiting my parents (hence the poor quality iPhone pictures in this post), and as usual my mum had a bag of goodies waiting for me.  It was actually pretty handy, because I packed in a rush and realised once I got here that I didn't really have anything suitable to wear.


So I grabbed this dress from mums bag of hand-me-downs and embarked on a no sew refashion. The dress is beautifully made, but felt too conservative. And that elastic waist band would drive me mad. 


So I borrowed a seam ripper from my mum, turned the dress inside out and carefully unpicked a bit of the waist band so I could remove the elastic. 


The next bit I wanted to change was the neckline as it just didn't feel like my style. 

The back had this little cutout with a button to fasten it. 



So I popped the dress on back to front and folded those edges inward to create a v-neck.

Then I raided my trendy mums wardrobe to accessorise my 'new' dress.



I added an orange beaded necklace, a tan plaited leather belt, and these beautiful orange and tan sandals. 


It still feels a bit more formal than my usual style, but I still think it's rather nice. (And I have no idea why I have this 'sticky-outy' bit going on with my hair).


It's a shame I can't keep the accessories too ;-)


And because I'm still at my parents and doing this post from my phone and I don't know how to do a side-by-side before and after shot on it. Here is the before shot again, just in case you forgot what it looked like before.   

No comments:

Post a Comment