Sunday 12 April 2015

Easy-Peasy Girls Dress


Miss 7 spotted this at the op-shop for $1.50 - how could we resist?
I think this was a strapless top, but we both agreed this would look much better as a girls dress.



Unfortunately it seemed to be a teen size 14, so despite the shirred elastic top part, it would not stay up on my 7 year old.



So I took in the sides at the top, but left the lower part as it was.



Remember this fabric that I cut from the hem of my last refashion?  I rolled those fraying edges under and sewed them flat.


To create these...



Shoulder straps.



And sewed them in place to complete this easy-peasy refashion.



The hardest part was trying to get a photo of the finished item.

Running...



Climbing...



Hiding...



And then she finally stopped to feed the fish.


This has fast become a favourite dress and was well worth the $1.50 we paid for it.














1 comment:

  1. Just going through your blog after stumbling across it on Pinterest. What a creative bod you are. With Refashionista on strike, this is a welcome find. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete