Saturday 6 December 2014

'Summer' Scarf to Girls Top

A few months back I made a winter vest out of a scarf for my daughter. 


When I was given this 'summer' scarf last week, I thought it would be another good scarf for a girls refashion. 



The design I had in mind was fairly easy, so my 7 year old was able to help. 

 First up we cut some length off the scarf.  

I will admit that at this point I hadn't nutted out in my head exactly what we were doing.  As a result we cut off too much fabric, and had sew some of the offcuts back on later.



We chopped off the tassels.



Then I got out the trusty jumbo chalk to help me work out how the neck and shoulders would sit.



After cutting around the chalk lines, I zigzagged the edges to stop them fraying before pinning and sewing the two piece together.



After I sewed the fabric back onto the bottom that I had cut off in my haste at the begining of this project, we sewed the side seams, and hemmed the bottom.



Done.



Colour blocking?



Checking out her bunny before heading out for the day.



We had a wonderful day out with friends at the Lismore Makers Market.  This perfectly matching headband was purchased for just $4, and there were lots of other things on offer for little girls, from which my girls chose a cute fairy garden necklace and a felt hair clip.

I was so glad we were invited to attend these markets as I'm not sure I would have made it along otherwise.  What amazing, inspiring, and creative people there are in the Northern Rivers of NSW.  My favorite 'Makers' included potters, a lead light'er', and a variety of jewellers working with a range of mediums, including; resin, wood, silver, and ceramic - I wish I could have gone wild and financially supported all these amazing 'creaters'.

No comments:

Post a Comment