Wednesday 24 September 2014

Loving the Mens Shirt Refashions

I made this super speedy dress from a womans shirt for my younger daugheter on the weekend. 



So I thought I should make one for my older daughter too.


For this dress I decided to use this mens shirt that once belonged to my dad.  But because C is a little taller and I didn't want the dress to be too short, I teamed with an orange singlet that once belonged to my mum.



The singlet was a little bit too low in the neck line (hence no before pictures), so I raised the neck height by cutting a bit out from the shoulders and restitching.



I chopped off the bottom off the singlet - I'm only using the top half today.



I then chopped off the sleeves, and the top off the shirt.


I tappered both sides of the shirt to get rid of the uneven edge where the sleeves used to be.



Then I sewed the two pieces together, and threaded some elastic through the middle to give it a bit of shape.




I really like how the original shirt pockets sit in just the right place on this dress to make them useable.


And there you have it, a no cost mens shirt to girls dress refashion made completely from hand-me-downs, thanks mum and dad.





No comments:

Post a Comment