Sunday 21 September 2014

50 cent Mens Pants to Skirt



All my photographers went off to the movies this day, so I was left taking selfies in what I now realise was a very dirty mirror...  What can I say, I'd rather be creating something than cleaning ;-)

My initial plan was to turn these into some 'drop crouch' fisherman style pants.  But after a bit of mucking about, I realised that plan wasn't going to work, so I decided I'd make a skirt instead.

I chopped off the legs.




I seam ripped the 'crouch', laid what was left of the pants flat sideways and removed 12 inches from the back seam - I wanted to retain the original side seams so that I could keep the pockets.

At about this point I stopped taking photos as I really didn't think this one was going to come together.  But after this point I basically cut the front in half and created a 'wrap around' style skirt.  Sewed it together so that the front seam would sit to one side, and then hemmed it up.


Once I tried this on it felt like I should be heading off to an office job,  and the pockets gapped a little revealing the drab white pocket liner.  In an attempt to make this a little more casual I got rid of the original black button and replaced it with a white one.  I also cut out the pocket liners and replaced them with bright red ones I made from some offcuts I had in my stash.





And there you have it .50c skirt...












No comments:

Post a Comment